News round up...
- Information Sharing on the Rove Indictment Story --TruthOut
See also: Update on the Rove Indictment Story
- Armed Groups Propel Iraq Toward Chaos --The New York Times
- "The headlong, American-backed effort to arm tens of thousands of Iraqi soldiers and officers, coupled with a failure to curb a nearly equal number of militia gunmen, has created a galaxy of armed groups, each with its own loyalty and agenda, which are accelerating the country's slide into chaos."
- Zarqawi backers lay down Shariah rules --The Washington Times
- 38 people killed in renewed fighting in Somali capital --AP
- Evolutions and Devolutions --Stan Goff, From the Wilderness (members only)
- Moscow pans pro-West alliance --UPI
- DC 9 Carrying 5.5 Tons of Cocaine was CIA Plane --Mad Cow Morning News
- Enron Jury Finds Lay, Skilling Guilty --AP
- Lay turns to God and family after guilty verdict --Reuters
- Fannie Mae Execs paid bonuses on rigged accounts --The Washington Post
"US HOME loan organisation Fannie Mae engaged in "extensive financial fraud" over six years by doctoring earnings so executives could collect hundreds of millions of dollars in bonuses, federal officials confirmed on Tuesday in a report that portrayed a company determined to play by its own rules."
- Fannie Mae to pay $400M --Washington Business Journal
- Bush Orders FBI-Congress Documents Sealed --AP
- Crooks don't represent me --The News Blog
- Officials: Hastert "In the Mix" of Congressional Bribery Investigation --ABC News
Video via Think Progress
- FLASHBACK: An Earlier Chapter in the Hastert Bribery Allegations --Brad Blog
- National Post apologizes for false anti-Iran article --Reuters
- Greg Palast attacks Peak Oil, takes a beating --GNN (Read comments)
- Wall Street Journal editorial board member Robert Pollock braindead on prewar intelligence --Media Matters
- National Review's Cover Story Distorts Facts On Global Warming --Think Progress