News round up...
- WORLD EXCLUSIVE: 5.5 TON COCAINE BUST REVEALS NEW DETAILS OF 9/11 ATTACK --Mad Cow Morning News
- Ex-Lockheed agent pleads guilty to China arms plot --Reuters
"Ko-Suen Moo, of Taipei, Taiwan, also pleaded guilty in federal court in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida to being a covert agent for China, U.S. law enforcement officials said."
- U.S. Secretly Backing Warlords in Somalia --The Washington Post
"...some reportedly fought against the United States in 1993 during street battles that culminated in an attack that downed two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters and left 18 Army Rangers dead."
- Murtha says report will show Marines massacred Iraqis --Knight Ridder
- The Tillman Files: Part Two --From the Wilderness (subscribers only)
- Kidnapping toll hits 439 in Iraq --AP
- Up to 105 Die in Fierce Afghan Violence --AP
- At least 22 killed in Iraq attacks --AP
- Basra Carnage Escalates as One Person Killed Every Hour --The Independent
- Brain Ross discusses NSA spying on journalists --Democracy Now!
- Ruble Dominated oil exchange could launch in 2007 - expert --RIA Novosti
- Putin proposes creation of ruble dominated oil, gas exchange --RIA Novosti
Michael Ruppert comments: The war on the dollar has begun. Now we have Norway, Iran, and other countries proposing exchanges to trade oil and gas in Euros. Asia is taking preliminary steps towards the creation of an Asian currency and now Vladimir Putin has made clear his serious intent to sell oil for Rubles. The second story from a Russian official commenting is a clear message that Putin is serious. In the last eight weeks the dollar has lost seven cents against the Euro and the dollar is sliding to a near all-time low against the dollar of $1.30:1. More ominous warnings for a potentially devastating summer.
- Big Oil uses front group to launch a RIDICULOUS ad campaign: "We don't call it pollution, we call it life." --Think Progress